Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
LSG is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture within the organisation. It is
in the best interests of LSG to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination within the
organisation. LSG will aim to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal
opportunity and that the organisation is representative of all sections of society.
Each employee, member and volunteer will be respected and valued, and able to give their best
as a result. This policy reinforces LSG’s commitment to providing equality and fairness to
everyone in all its activities and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds
of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity,
race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual
LSG is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination; all employees and volunteers
will be treated fairly and with respect.
When LSG selects candidates for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit it will be
on the basis of their aptitude and ability. All employees will be given support and
encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Consequently,
the skills and resources of LSG will be fully utilised and maximise the organisation’s
LSG is committed:
· To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions
of all employees and volunteers are recognised and valued;
· To create an organisation that promotes dignity and respect for everyone;
· To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment;
· To make training, development and progression opportunities available to all
· To promote equality in the workplace;
· To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise
their concerns so we can apply corrective measures;
· To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect;
· To regularly review all its employment practices and procedures so that fairness
is always maintained.
Employees will be informed that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are
obligated to comply with it and to promote fairness within the organisation.
The policy will also be drawn to the attention of volunteers, members and new members of
Council who will be expected to comply.
This policy will be monitored and reviewed annually by Council to ensure equality and diversity
is continualy promoted within the organisation.
The first point of contact under this policy is the President and in their absence the Vice-
President or Secretary of LSG.